Award-winning design for a remote control iceboat. The iceboat was designed to be wind-propelled with servos controlling the mainline for the sail and steering via the bow blade. The model was hand-carved from Renshape with steel blades. The sail was patterned after windsurfing sails.
- At the time, this would have been the only remote-controlled wind-driven iceboat on the market.
- Market for this toy would be RC collectors, ice boaters looking for a miniature version, and anyone else looking for a sleek, graceful, exotic toy
- Varied cross-section of the hull creates not only a very interesting shape but also a lighter and stronger craft
- Shape of the sail is based upon those of sailboards
- Can be used to teach the principles of sailing during the winter season
- Comes partially assembled, no tools needed, snap fits
- Frostbite models would increase a company’s scope and add to their brand identity as an innovator with stylishly designed vehicles
“I.D.” Magazine 46th Annual Design Review 2000, Silver (Student Work) RC Ice Boat Frostbite